5 gallon buckets’ versatility has been discussed in our previous posts. Their uses at home, in the garden, in the office and at the camp site have proven to be a great advantage for people who want to live an organized and practical life without spending too much money. To add to that advantage, we should also know how to reuse the 5 gallon pails into something else that is of a different function. The following describes how to properly clean 5 gallon buckets.
First of all, you need to prepare the materials below:
- Dishwashing detergent
- Baking soda
- Chlorine bleach
Then follow these steps:
- Empty the bucket completely from any sticking dust, debris or whatever visible dirt you see on it.
- Then spurt some dishwashing detergent to the bottom of the bucket and mix it with warm water.
- Scrub the surface of the pail thoroughly, starting from the inside to the outside of the bucket.
- Empty the bucket and rinse it with warm water to get rid of the soap residues.
- Once looking clean, fill it in with hot water and stir in a cup of baking soda.
- Close the lid and leave it under the sun for 48 hours.
- When it is time, empty the pail once again and fill it with warm water.
- Have 2 cups of chlorine bleach ready and pour it into the water.
- Stir well.
- Put it back under the sun for another 48 hours.
- Empty the bucket and rinse it and its lid.
- Put it back under the sun again to dry.
Now your 5 gallon pail is clean and ready for its next use.